Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Full Professor - School of Social & Public Administration
Recruiter: East China University of Science and Technology
Location: Shanghai (SHH)
Academic Discipline: Sociology/ Social Work/Public Administration/Administrative Management
Hours: Full Time
Job title: Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Full Professor
Department: School of Social and Public Administration
Deadline: no deadline
Start date: upon agreement
The School of Social and Public Administration consists of four academic departments (Department of Sociology, Department of Social Work, Department of Administrative Management, and Department of Public Administration) and five research units (Institute of Applied Sociology, Comparative Research Centre on International Development , Institute of Public Management and the Public Policy, Institute of Social Welfare and Social Policy, and National Research Centre of Small Township Social Security). It offers five undergraduate programs and seven MA programs.
The school established its PhD program in 2005, and it was recognized as a Shanghai key discipline of priority construction in 2007. The school enjoys a nationwide reputation for its high-quality teaching and research competency.
In the 4th National Assessment launched by the Ministry of Education in 2017, the school was ranked the 7th nationally and assessed as B+ in Sociology. Its faculty is a balanced mixture of young, middle-aged and senior scholars. Currently the school has more than 1,000 undergraduates and over 300 graduate students. It has established a wide range of academic exchange and collaborative projects with many major universities of the world and has annually sponsored several young faculty members and outstanding students to go abroad for further education and training.
We are now inviting applications for Assistant Professorship, Associate Professorship and Full Professorship in the following research areas:
1. Sociology, including Sociology of Development, Rural Studies, Urban Studies, Community Studies, Comparative Studies on International Development, International Migration, Social Policy/Social Welfare, Social Risks and Social Governance, Social History/ Social Thought History, Big Data
2. Social Work, including Social Work on Disaster, Social Work on Children, the Youth and the Family, Social Work Theory
3. Administrative Management, including Land Resource Management and Urban Management
4. Public Administration, including Contemporary Urban Public Administration and Social Security
1. Applicants should have a PhD in the fields mentioned above or be close to completion of PhD.
2. You will also be required to demonstrate proven experience in teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
3. You will be expected to have a fine publication record which is commensurate with the position you are applying for.
4. For those who are applying for an Associate Professorship or Full Professorship, you will also be expected to have a fine record on research grants.
5. Candidates with an oversea educational background will be given priority.
The salary package and the benefits will be commensurate with what the University will offer.
1. Candidates are expected to be able to teach courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
2. Successful candidates are hoped to be able to fit into the existing research clusters of the school, and at the same time develop their own research focuses. Each faculty member is required to meet the publication standards set up by the school.
3. Successful candidates are expected to take on administrative work assigned by the school.
How to apply:
Please send the application (including CV, short statement of research background/interests) by e-application below.
Department contact information: