Professor/Associate Professor in Anti-infective Pharmacology/ Neuropharmacology
Recruiter: East China University of Science and Technology
Location: Shanghai (SHH)
Academic Discipline: Anti-infective Pharmacology/ Neuropharmacology
Hours: Full Time
Job title: Faculty Position/ Including Distinguished Researcher (Tenure Track)/ Professor and Associate Professor
Department: School of Pharmacy
Deadline: no deadline
Start date: upon agreement
School of Pharmacy of East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST) is a young, dynamic, and interdisciplinary pharmaceutical education and research institute with deep and strong academic heritage. The school’s pharmaceutical engineering program, which dates back to 1952, is among the earliest and still one of the top programs in the country. Currently, the school offers research and educational programs covering diverse areas of pharmaceutical science and technology, including pharmaceutical sciences, pharmaceutical engineering, pesticides, and traditional Chinese medicine.
We uphold our mottos from an old Chinese saying, “Bitter medicine cures sickness, unpalatable advice benefits conduct” by devoting our efforts both to the forefront of scientific research and to the excellent education. To achieve this goal, the school is continuously strengthening and expanding faculty excellence by recruiting scientists and faculties with oversea educational and R&D background. Besides, the school consistently endeavours to bring state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities to our faculties. The newly-built Educational Center for Pharmaceutical Experiments at Fengxian campus and new-renovated Pharmaceutical Platform of Research Equipment’s are just two examples of our efforts in pursuing high quality teaching and research excellence.
The School of Pharmacy has seen a fast-paced growth in the past ten years and has made great achievements in course constructions, scientific research and international collaboration. The school was recognized as one of top ten outstanding pharmacy education and research institutes in the country with annual research funding over 30 million RMB. In the next ten years, School of Pharmacy of ECUST aims to develop into a comprehensive and international first-class pharmaceutical school. To achieve this goal, we will continue to seek talented researchers and scientists to strengthen interdisciplinary pharmaceutical sciences. We are also looking for long-term and wide-range academic collaboration with hospitals, universities, enterprise groups, and scientific research institutions worldwide.
A PhD degree on biology, pharmacy, or other related field.
- At least 3 years of overseas research experience in anti-infective pharmacology.
- Three of First-authored publications in international journals indexed by SCI.
- Laureates or eligible applicants of the Chinese Recruitment Program of Global Youth Experts, the National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars or National Young Talent Support Program is preferable.
We offer internationally competitive annual salary equivalent to that for the same position by international standard. It is negotiable depending on the applicant’s academic credentials.
- To oversee the design and development of the overall curricula, and develop and deliver a range of programs of study at various levels.
- To supervise student projects, set and assess coursework and examinations, as well as provide feedback to students.
- To keep up with the currently going on research and developments in the field of anti-infective pharmacology.
- To carry out independent research and act as principal investigator and project leader.
- To publish papers on top academic journals, provide presentations on international conferences, and contribute to the research reputation of the school and university.
How to apply:
Please send the application (including CV, short statement of research background/interests) by e-application below.
Department contact information:
Prof. Jianwen Liu, email: firstname.lastname@example.org