Professor in Chemical Genetics
Recruiter: East China University of Science and Technology
Location: Shanghai (SHH)
Academic Discipline: Chemical Genetics
Hours: Full Time
Job title: Professor
Department: School of Pharmacy
Deadline: no deadline
Start date: upon agreement
We currently have an opening for a Principle Investigator of Chemical Genetics group in Interdisciplinary Research Center on Ontogenetic and Synthetic Biology, School of Pharmacy, East China University of Science and Technology. Within a collaborative, multidiscipline team-working environment, you will plan and lead large scale, phenotypic screening of chemical libraries and genetic mutant libraries to identify drug targets and bioactive compounds regulating cell metabolism using unique tools such as genetically encoded sensors developed in the center, and validate them in experimental models of disease. You are expected to be productive, interactive with other research personnel in the Center, and supervise and provide training to undergraduate and graduate students.
- PhD or equivalent experience in chemical genetics, chemical biology, pharmacology or a related field of research
- Skilled in large scale chemical and genetic screening
- 8+ years' experience in drug discovery in pharma, biotechnology or academia
- Strong track record of scientific achievement and leadership
The University will provide very competitive salaries and working conditions for recruited candidates. The details of the benefits will be discussed individually depending on the academic background of the candidates.
- Response to develop and execute a scientific strategy to enable target identification from phenotypic screens and biological pathway interrogation.
- Response for the development and implementation of chemical biology strategies to understand molecular mode of action for modulating novel targets.
- Supervise the group members and students with diverse and cutting edge skills in chemical biology to support phenotypic screen, design and evaluation of various genetic tools including CRISPR, SiRNA and so on.
How to apply:
Please send the application (including CV, short statement of research background/interests) by e-application below.
Department contact information:
Prof. Yi Yang, email: firstname.lastname@example.org