Administrative assistant for Associate Dean office
Qatar University is the national institution of highereducation in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduateprograms that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future ofQatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teachesand conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges,advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations ofsociety.
Qatar University is an intellectual andscholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange ofideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members ofthe University - faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance thescholarly and social values embodied by the university .
The College of HealthScience (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as adepartment within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the nationalprovider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar andoffers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition andpublic health, as well as graduate programs; (MSc) in biomedical science andmaster of public health (MPH).
The College of HealthSciences aspires to be an internationally-recognized model of excellence withdistinction in teaching, research, and community service.
In alignment withQatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent student graduates dulyprepared for careers in health science-related disciplines who will contributeto the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worthmentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellentopportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their researchideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF)is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limitexceeding 1million/project (5million exceptional projects) along with studentresearch funding programs. As the national and largest University in thecountry, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with manyresearch- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as the first point of contact for visitors entering the Office of Academic Affairs.
2. Maintain databases and track data using a variety of systems,from Excel, Word, and Management system.
3. Use data to send out mail, merge documents, create labels, run generic reports
4. Provide Administrative support for the Office of Academic and Student Affairs
5. Manage the telephone and electronic communications of the office.
6. Coordinate and schedule operational area meetings, special events and other events as required.
7. Create, transcribe, and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
8. Able to perform duties in a high traffic area.
9. Maintain knowledge of University policy and procedures.
10.Direct inquiries of students, faculty, staff and visitors to appropriate areas.
11. Support staff in assigned project-based work.
12. Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies.
13. Arrange for repair and maintenance of all office equipment.
14.Collect,sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including regular mail, email
15.Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent related experience.
• Experience in an educational environment preferred
• Experience in managing administrative operations of a multi-faceted department.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.