Assistant Director of Multimedia
6 days left
- Full Time
Housing & Dining Services (HDS) is a multifaceted auxiliary organization responsible for management of on-campus housing facilities, residential dining, conferences, and the CSU Mountain Campus. Other areas within HDS include the RamCard, communications, sustainability, facilities, human resources, technology services, workplace education, and business services. Approximately 450 full-time staff and 1,700 hourly and student staff serve the nearly 8,000 students who live on campus, in addition to other campus and community guests. Our priority is providing our residents and guests with safe living environments, quality dining, and exceptional out-of-classroom experiences. We accomplish this through sound fiscal and operational management strategies, and an emphasis on the development of programs and services that are designed to enhance personal growth and global engagement. Staff are expected to uphold our values of customer first service, commitment to students and staff, integrity, respect and teamwork, inclusiveness and diversity, innovation, stewardship, and to support the CSU Principles of Community.
The integrated Communications and Sustainability offices within HDS are an award-winning team that works to support the mission of the department. Communications professionals on the team specialize in a wide range of practices from brand strategy, marketing, art design, multimedia, and web development to public relations and crisis management. Sustainability professionals on the team create and implement innovative sustainability programs and campaigns rooted in outreach and education. The team as a whole commits to operating through a socially just, inclusive, and sustainable lens.
Founded in 1870, Colorado State University is among the nation’s leading research universities and enrolls approximately 32,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Located an hour north of the Denver metro area, Fort Collins is a vibrant community of approximately 157,000 residents that offers the convenience of a small town with all of the amenities of a large city. Fort Collins is situated on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains with views of 14,000 foot peaks, and offers access to numerous cultural, recreational and outdoor opportunities.
The Assistant Director of Multimedia is responsible for creating and managing digital content for Housing & Dining Services, including videos, photos, and informational/promotional campaigns for social media, digital signs, websites, and other digital media. This position supervises a Multimedia Team that includes a full-time Web and Multimedia Coordinator as well as Social Media and Photography student intern(s). This position has on-call duties and serves as a backup for media inquiries and crisis communications. The Assistant Director of Multimedia reports to the Director of Communications and Sustainability and serves on the office’s Leadership Team.
Within the Housing & Dining Services Communications and Sustainability office, this position collaborates with team members from Creative, Project Management, Web Development, and Sustainability to create engaging and inclusive campaigns and projects that support and enhance the mission, vision, and values of the department. Audiences range from prospective students and current residents to campus partners and internal staff.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, computer-mediated/digital communication, public relations, marketing, or broadcast journalism with a minimum of three years of digital media experience OR Bachelor’s degree in unrelated field with a minimum of five years experience in digital media
• Demonstrated experience developing dynamic content for digital platforms, including videos and photos for web and social media, as demonstrated through a portfolio
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated working knowledge of video filming and editing software
• Demonstrated experience working with people from different backgrounds (e.g. race, culture, gender, etc.)
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Master of Science/Art degree
• Journalism or media relations experience
• Experience in higher education
• Experience with digital signs and Four Winds software
• Knowledge of UX/UI for web and/or content management systems
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Ability to write scripts and content for digital media
• Experience supervising full-time and/or student employees
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Multimedia Production Duty/Responsibility
• Serve as the primary videographer for Housing & Dining Services and produce videos for web, social media, and campaigns
• Advance Housing & Dining Services’ brand through digital media (web, social media, videos, and digital signs)
• Understand concepts of diversity, inclusion, and social justice and incorporate those values into multimedia projects and presentations
• Incorporate sustainability initiatives into multimedia projects and presentations in support of the Housing & Dining Services’ commitment to sustainability
• Participate in continuing education activities that enhance professional knowledge and technical skills related to position and department goals
• Provide website updates and content for the Housing & Dining Services website, intranet site, and digital signs when the Web Developer and Multimedia Coordinator are out of the office
• Execute new projects, special events, and varied duties as assigned; some weekend and evening work is required
Percentage Of Time 50% Essential Duties
Job Duty Category Leadership Duty/Responsibility
• Hire, supervise, coach, and evaluate the Multimedia Team including one full-time Web & Multimedia Coordinator and two student interns
• Serve as a member of the Communications & Sustainability Leadership Team to develop vision, set priorities, and guide multimedia for Housing & Dining Services
• Represent the Director of Communications and Sustainability and Associate Director of Communications in their absence
• Assume leadership for media inquiries and crisis communication management when the Director is out of the office
• Manage the department’s social media channels and digital signs in the event of an emergency
• Represent Housing & Dining Services on the campus Social Media Committee and collaborate on, develop, and create content for large campus-wide campaigns with campus partners
• Represent Communications office in appropriate staff and interdepartmental meetings, search committees, and task forces
Percentage Of Time 30% Essential Duties
Job Duty Category Project Management and Assessment Duty/Responsibility
• Provide project management for multimedia campaigns including videography, social media, and other communications projects from conception through delivery including coordination, content, budget, branding, timeline, production, and editing
• Provide oversight and vision for 84 digital signs throughout the department and ensure the Web & Multimedia Coordinator has the training to manage day-to-day content deployment for the signs
• Provide oversight and vision for the department’s social media accounts and ensure that student staff are trained to manage the accounts on a day-to-day basis; respond to mission critical and/or sensitive social media inquiries and complaints as needed
• Advise and instruct professional and student staff as well as student organizations on multimedia best practices, social media policy, branding guidelines, videography, etc.
• Collaborate with the Director and Associate Director to develop strategic marketing and public relations campaigns to meet departmental communications objectives
• Track analytics and produce reports for CSU digital assets including videos, photos, social media, and digital signs
• Report outcomes for annual and campaign reports
• Ensure proper implementation of University and department graphic standards and branding guidelines in all projects
Percentage Of Time 20% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by 6/24/2018, 11:59 pm (MT). Interested applicants must submit a cover letter which addresses how professional experiences align with identified required and preferred qualifications of the position, a current resume, a link to a digital portfolio (included in a document uploaded to the “Other” slot under required documents), and contact information for 3 professional references. Applicants needing assistance or accommodations may contact Emily Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 491-4703. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Jansen.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires) Search Contact Emily Jansen email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.