The Office of the Vice President for Diversity is committed to promoting a campus environment which recognizes, values and affirms diversity at Colorado State University. The Office of the Vice President for Diversity provides vision, leadership and guidance to initiate and support changes intended to positively impact faculty and staff policies and systems at Colorado State University. The Office of the Vice President for Diversity serves as a catalyst for change and innovation that supports faculty, staff and administrators in unlocking their full potential through best practices, coaching and training.
The Program Coordinator position provides logistical support to the Office of the Vice President for Diversity in the management of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence Initiatives and institution-wide diversity engagement.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of programs and events through the Office of the Vice President for Diversity including marketing and outreach, assessment, logistics, managing of database and web promotion. In addition, the Program Coordinator will provide support and budget oversight for programs, conferences, and events for both on-campus and off-campus participants. Along with providing administrative and project support, the Program Coordinator will serve as a member of the Vice President for Diversity office team and work collaboratively with other office staff to meet the needs of the office.
Four years of experience coordinating and implementing an employer or organizational program(s).
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet stated objectives.
- Familiarity with social media forms of marketing and communication.
- Experience coordinating large-scale organizational or campus programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with diverse constituents.
- Experience with and proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, and also Adobe Suite and Wordpress.
- Knowledge of Colorado State University resources and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Experience working at a higher education institution.
- Experience with tracking budgets and fiscal processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Demonstrated experience providing website maintenance.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Organizational and prioritization skills.
- Versatility and the ability to manage different projects or programs at the same time.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Coordination of Programs and Events Duty/Responsibility
- Act as liaison between the Directors and all internal and external constituents including the Office of the President, Vice Presidents, Directors, Office of the Provost, University Advancement and Development, Office of Financial Aid, Admissions and CSU Events.
- Apply knowledge of basic principles, rules, regulations, policies, precedents, other guidelines and objectives to communicate with university personnel, vendors and officials from other universities and organizations to answer inquiries and advise constituents regarding university concerns.
- Represent and relay decisions and information on behalf of the Office of Vice President for Diversity and Directors.
- Coordinate logistics, scheduling and marketing of various programs, projects and events by designing goals, establishing and revising objectives and time frames adhering to state and university standards, acting as principal contact person and ensuring proper administration and implementation.
- Identify and implement systems, policies, procedures, and guidelines within the Office of the Vice President for Diversity to increase efficiency, enhance communications, organization, and tracking of issues and documents including the oversight and management of the implementation of these systems and procedures.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of programs and events including scheduling, email follow up, registration, assessment, and campus communication
Percentage Of Time 55% Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Communication and Meeting Management Duty/Responsibility
- Maintain online presence for the Office of the Vice President for Diversity.
- Manage content updates for the Office of the Vice President for Diversity website and assist with management of photos and graphic elements for various programs, projects, and events.
- Create the monthly newsletter with relevant news and announcements for distribution across campus.
- Develop flyers, agendas, posters, etc. for programs, events and projects.
- Prepare information and brief Director on upcoming activities and deadlines. Research, analyze, organize and manage materials to facilitate the Director in preparation for meetings, travel, and events.
- Develop agendas for meetings chaired by the Director by tracking, identifying and prioritizing topics and issues.
- Manage the calendar for the Director.
Percentage Of Time 25% Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Office Team Responsibilities Duty/Responsibility
- Function as a member of the Vice President for Diversity office team to assist with projects as needed, ensure office coverage, answer phones and greet guests, set up meeting rooms and/or provide support to other Directors in the absence of their assistants.
- Represent and uphold the vision, missions, values, and goals of the University, President and Vice President for Diversity Office – including demonstrating CSU Principles of Community (inclusion, integrity, respect, service and social justice) in professional interactions.
- Set up meeting rooms and assist visitors to the Office.
- Coordinate technology updates and troubleshooting to include printers, computers, phones, mobile devices and conference technology for the Office of the Vice President for Diversity staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 20% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License - Regular
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.