Play an active role in the deployment, operation and maintenance of a modern and high-end conference infrastructure used every day by thousands of people at the world’s largest particle physics laboratory: CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The Collaboration, Devices and Applications (CDA) group, which provides information services such as video conferencing, webcast, Indico, e-publishing, the CERN Document Server, the multimedia server, the CERN Bulletin application, printing, e-mail, web content and authentication on a range of devices such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- The Integrated Collaboration (IC) section, which supports the site-wide conference and collaboration infrastructure and, specifically, is the team responsible for managing most conference rooms (168 as of today), and providing webcast, recording and videoconferencing services around the CERN sites.
The User and Document Services (UDS) group provides a range of solutions and services for the production, management and distribution of information in the form of texts, images and documents, for the management and operation of auditoria and videoconference facilities, as well as for user support and the Service Desk.
The Audio-Visual and Conferencing (AVC) section provides active infrastructure support in conference rooms across CERN, management of special events, recordings, webcasts, audio/videoconferencing services and operation of auditoria and meeting rooms.
For more information on the IT department, see http://cern.ch/it-dep.
As the deputy head of CERN’s conference room service, you will, alongside the person in charge of the service:
- Ensure that the equipment in the conference and meeting rooms is standardised (customer relations, project management, selection, ordering, installation and testing of equipment: projectors, LCD screens, video/audioconference facilities, public address systems, interpreting systems, etc.).
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the maintenance of the conference and meeting rooms (planning and ordering equipment, monitoring the work of the support team, which comprises six persons).
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the operation of the conference and meeting rooms (preparation of rooms, technical support for users, monitoring the work of the support team).
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the response to requests for audiovisual support and customer relations for event management, in particular VIP visits.
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the installation of temporary mobile public address systems and projection systems for special events.
- Programme and update the Extron and Crestron equipment controllers.
- Collaborate actively with the webcast, recording and videoconferencing services.
- Maintain constant knowledge of the available technologies in order to provide CERN users with the most up-to-date audiovisual solutions.
Moreover, you will need to be capable of taking on all of these responsibilities yourself after the first 12 months.