Finance Business Partner, HEO 9
- Based in the Finance Unit located at 101 Currie Street, City West Campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Salary range: $114,312 - $118,314 per annum (plus super)
About the role
As the Finance Business Partner (Manager: Unit Accounting) you will be responsible for managing and enhancing financial business partner relationships with the Support Service departments of the University. You will be accountable for delivery of all financial cycles including, month end, forecasting, annual and strategic planning for the University Portfolio of Support Services. Leading a team of qualified accounting professionals you will drive the identification and implementation of strategic initiatives that will improve the service delivery and efficiency of the finance function in the University.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Corporate Finance, you and your team are key business partners to the University Directors and their leadership teams.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Being a sounding board, trusted adviser and facilitator of productive financial decisions, supporting the leadership teams of the Support Service departments
- Actively involved in identifying and assessing key financial risks and opportunities, conducting sensitivity and scenario analysis, and effective change management
- Providing timely, accurate financial analysis and management information to monitor performance and support decision making
- Develop sound financial models to support business cases
- Monitor financial performance of projects
- Spearhead process improvements across both operations to support greater finance efficiencies
- Lead and develop a team of six direct report qualified Accountants to maintain a high-performance team
Skills and Experience
CA/CPA qualified you will be a commercially astute business partner who has demonstrated success within broad, strategically focused roles. With a proven track record of business partnering with senior executives you will be a strong communicator and influencer, with the credibility and gravitas to be able to positively influence management decisions. Naturally you will have demonstrated experience in a senior accounting position involving the development of forecasts, budgets and completion of management and financial accounting within a complex organisation.
A University of Enterprise
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is an innovative, outward-looking institution known for its strong and engaged research and its experientially-based teaching and learning that is conducted in close collaboration with business, industry, government and the professions.
In recent years, we have maintained a strong upward trajectory across a number of key indicators and are ranked among the world’s top 50 young institutions. We are committed to international education activities and alumni, graduates who are equipped to meet the demands and expectations of the worldwide workforce, a culturally diverse staff and increasing student mobility.
Benefits on offer
At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals, sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.
We offer a competitive remuneration package that includes generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%, and we have a family friendly approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
Lodging your application
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit https://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/ Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume only, detailing your experience in leading a team in a high performance environment. For further information, please contact Miranda McDonald, Senior Recruitment Consultant, Recruitment Central on +618 8302 1700 or via email to email@example.com using job reference number #1255.
Applications close: 9:00 am Monday 25 June 2018
- Preview Application Form
In addition to your salary, the University will make employer superannuation contributions. The amount of superannuation you are entitled to will depend on the nature of your employment. You will also be entitled to annual leave loading, and other beneficial employment conditions. See more benefits of working for UniSA
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online through Working at UniSA. If you experience any difficulty lodging your application visit FAQs.
For further support contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
- If you have NOT registered with our e-recruitment system, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button below.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps