Director of Property Services
5 days left
- Full Time
PROPERTY SERVICES DIVISION
About Our Division
Each and every day staff, students and the general public benefit directly and indirectly from the dedicated efforts of Property Services Division employees. We are the physical foundation of the teaching, research and learning that takes place at the University, and we are proud of the important role we play.
The Division is responsible for buildings with a replacement cost of NZ$2.5 billion, and more than 40 hectares of land. With over 3,500 University Staff and 20,000 students, it's a bit like helping to run a small town.
About the Role
We are currently looking for our new Director of Property Services. An exciting role, within the wider Operations Group, this Senior Leadership position plays a key role in ensuring our campus remains relevant to the needs of our students and staff while working to create and execute strategy for the Divisions activities. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you will share in and contribute to our goal of becoming recognised as an Australasian sector leader by 2020.
This position will be accountable for directing planning activities and asset management strategy, with a particular focus on:
- Creating and executing strategy for Property Services activities, and ensuring these align with the Operations Division strategic plan.
- Advising and contributing to strategic planning regarding facilities and assets.
- Ensuring the University buildings are compliant and maintained to meet the University’s current and future needs.
- Establish and lead a Property Services culture of innovation, continuous improvement and excellence.
Your skills and experience
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, political nous, and strong customer service focus.
- Extensive experience of managing and leading the provision of property and facilities management services for large campuses / organisations.
- Previous experience successfully setting strategic directions within a high profile organisation.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and delivering services in the most efficient and effective way.
If you manage large and diverse specialist teams and have previous experience travelling the Asset Management maturity path within a similar sized, multiple-site, complex organisation then this role is for you.
You will be rewarded with the opportunity to work on New Zealand’s first established University with a progressive team while enjoying the lifestyle benefits Dunedin offers.
Applications quoting reference number 1801100 will close on Sunday, 24 June 2018.