Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Design and Technology
- SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
- $97,579 – $115,578 (LEVEL B) OR $119,173 – $137,170 (LEVEL C)
- ONGOING, FULL TIME CONTRACT
Edith Cowan University’s School of Education is Western Australia’s oldest, largest and preferred School of Education, preparing teachers for all levels of education from birth to year twelve, across all disciplines. The School offers up-to-date and progressive courses which allow students to gather the knowledge, skills and hands-on experience needed to graduate as an outstanding teacher, and our graduates are recognised for their considered and professional approach to teaching and the pursuit of excellence.
The School of Education is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and highly-skilled educator to contribute to the quality and further development of our Design and Technology course(s).
The role is responsible for:
- Engaging in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching;
- Developing course curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- High level supervision of higher degree by research students;
- Fostering a research culture and engaging in research activities; and
- Strategic and proactive engagement with industry, the profession and the community
The successful applicant will have:
- A PhD in an appropriate field or equivalent industry experience of a significant level
- Proven experience in design and technology (teaching) though a design-based approach;
- Expertise in all aspects of workshop practice and skills across all materials, machines and new technologies;
- A record of research into Design & Technology teaching or related areas and a desire to become a leader in this field;
- Support for and extensive knowledge of all aspects of both the WA and Australian Design & Technologies Curriculum or equivalent;
- Demonstrated commitment to and effectiveness in quality teaching and learning in Education.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time ongoing position attracts remuneration of $97,579 – $115,578 (ALEVEB) to $119,173 – $137,170 (ALEVC) plus 17% University superannuation contribution. A generous relocation package is available for the right candidate.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Associate Professor Andrew Jones on 08 6304 5285 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement addressing the Capabilities in the Selection Criteria.
Applications close on Sunday 8th July 2018 at 11:30pm AWST.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.