Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop his/her research and career
- Interface with external researchers/scientists on other groups
- Perform the research required to a high standard and in accordance with University regulations
- Work in a cooperative manner with the faculty supervisor and other co-workers.
- Assists the host faculty and any other related project collaborators in planning and designing research experiments
- Present research findings at internal/external meetings and conferences
- Engage in writing manuscripts and related project reports
- Help with grant writing, budgeting, lab management, reviewing papers and mentoring students
- Plan and conduct the experimental work in the lab relating to assigned research project
- Perform statistical analyses, including selecting the appropriate analysis procedure, setting up data for analysis, judging validity and reliability of data and producing written reports on the result of the analyses
- Uses available technologies to facilitate the success of the project
- Operates equipment
- Oversee and mentor project-related graduate students
Applicants must hold a PhD degree in relevant field
Applicants should have a good experience in wet labs work, samples characterization and using green solvents in products formulation. He/she should have also the knowledge of using statistical tools in designing experiments.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph 3. Teaching and Research Statement