Research Assistant/Associate in Industrial and Systems Engineering
Industrial and Systems Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Site observation and analysis. Four sites have been selected for the research. The research assistant is responsible to create a detailed spatial map for areas including (plans, sections, site maps, site measurements, materials used in site).
- Build a library for the different landscape types and systems used in the selected sites. This would include identification of trees types, measurements, and specs in terms of water consumption and availability of providing shade.
- Build a 3D digital model for the selected sites
- Prepare and get trained on the list of equipment to be used in the selected sites
Background in urban design and planning or equivalent
Good knowledge in spatial mapping and simulation tools
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph 3. Teaching and Research Statement