Research Engineer in Engineering Systems and Management
Engineering Systems and Management
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Development of sustainability KPIs for Masdar City using numerical models.
Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication
- Characterize relevant sustainability practices and initiatives in the region (Estidama, Dubai Green Building Code, Masdar MEDG, etc.) and their metrics at various scales such as country, city and building.
- Analyze quantitatively & qualitatively relevant raw data and information (including cost data) from current buildings in Abu Dhabi and Masdar City, both in City scale and building utility scale.
- Determine the purpose, target group, and temporal and spatial resolution of the KPIs to be modeled.
- Define a baseline reference point supported on the data analysis from Abu Dhabi and Masdar City.
- Model possible policy changes to analyze their impact on the developed KPIs.
- Optimize policies to maximize results according to the numerical modeling developed.
Statistics and data analysis
- Energy & water efficiency
- Economic analysis
- Policy analysis
- Coding (Matlab, EnergyPlus, Grasshopper)
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph 3. Teaching and Research Statement