Research Assistant, ICT Fund
Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
We are seeking two talented research assistants to participate in a project to develop novel complex-valued deep neural network architectures for use in image classification and melanoma detection. The focus is on developing cutting-edge technologies that improve current state-of-the-art.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- M.S. in electrical and computer engineering, computer science, computer vision, deep learning or a related field
- Proficient in programming language like Python and Matlab.
- Familiar with popular deep learning libraries like Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras and Caffe;
- Excellent in problem solving.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph