Research Engineer in Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
The applicant will be responsible of providing electrical engineering research and development support to the team developing microwave sensing device. The responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing front-end hardware encompassing transceivers, radio frequency (RF) circuits, microwaves subsystems, and antennas.
- Integrating system components with back-end low-frequency electronics, power supply subsystems, digital signal processors,
- Developing device control and acquisition software using LabVIEW and C programming
- Performing 3D electromagnetic simulations and microwave circuit/system level simulation,
- Carrying out electronic design schematic capture and printed circuit board (PCB) layout design, fabrication, assembly and testing
- Support the team in all work related to cable harness preparation, enclosure mounting, software development,
- Assisting in deploying the developed technology including instrument hook-up, bring-up stage, functional testing, and real-time flow monitoring.
- Performing simulations, conducting experiments, gathering/analyzing data, writing technical reports, and preparing as-deployed schematics,
- Preparing, sourcing and procuring bill of materials, following up on orders and request for quotations
- Writing technical papers/articles
Master (M.Sc) degree in electrical engineering (preferably PhD) with focus on applied electromagnetics, microwave/antenna engineering, or closely related field
- Three years of experience related to antenna and microwave engineering system/component design as well as measurement and instrumentation in the microwave and millimeter frequency range -
- Proven record of scientific publications in reputable journals and conferences,
- In-depth knowledge of electronic devices and systems
- Programming experience using Matlab, LabVIEW, and C,
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement