Research Assistant, Chemical Engineering Department and Gas Research Center
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop and apply advanced molecular modeling tools to alternative solvents/sorbents for CO2 capture, in the framework of the research funded project
- Specifically, the candidate will use soft-SAFT and other advanced modeling tools to characterize different compounds and blends as alternative solvents for CO2 capture.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
Some research experience in Molecular Thermodynamics
Computational skills: soft-SAFT, Matlab, Fortran. Basic knowledge on g Proms
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement