Research Assistant, EBTIC
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
Carry out operational activities related to the preparation and execution of Active Sense trial with up to 100 KU students and actively help with the research, analysis and the association study between activity data collected from the wearable sensors and the survey-lifted fitness/well-being data. Specifically, the RA will be responsible for the execution and/or coordination of the following set of activities:
- Preparation of the pre-trial registration materials
- Trialists’ recruitment and management of their registration process
- Survey execution with participating students and extracted data storage & management
- Body composition screening process and extracted data storage & management
- Initialization, distribution and management of the Actigraph tracking devices throughout the active phase of the trial.
- Download, provision, storage and organization of the activity sensors raw data during the trial
- Association study to establish relationship between recorded daily activities and the survey lifted well-being/fitness data
- Optionally, association analysis with the cellular health measurements and HR signals extracted during voluntary gym exercises
- Reporting and contribution to the joint publications summarizing research outputs
- Only related to the students participating in the Active Sense trial as specified in the role description
BSc/MSc graduate in Engineering, Biotechnology or Computer Science
Knowledge of association analysis focused on extracting risk factors of specific medical conditions
Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience and diligence with measuring and handling fitness, well-being bio-characteristics data
- Experience of conducting surveys and coordinating trials with human subjects.
- Experience of carrying out the statistical analysis upon the data collected from the trials in one of the software packages: Matlab, SPSS, Excel.
- Experience of working with the ECG signals and Body Composition data would be a plus, but the training will be otherwise provided
- Experience in professional reporting and the ability to draw research conclusions from the conducted data analysis
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement