Postdoctoral Fellow in Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Mechanical and Materials Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
The Sun Trap Project: Khalifa University of Science and Technology and Cleanergy AB have agreed on collaborative research and development focusing on Concentrated Solar Power Dish Stirling technology. The collaboration spans over several systems and areas, such as phase change material development, phase change material containment, thermal energy storage development, thermal energy storage simulation, material corrosion behaviour, storage system cycle forecasting and optimisation, mirror and mirror cleaning research and development and testing and validation of sub-systems.
Material scientist with a Ph.D on metal alloys and/or high-temperature phase changes materials (PCMs)
- High-temperature material science, particular interest in phase change materials for thermal energy storage applications.
- Materials characterization techniques (mainly DSC, TGA, XRD, ESEM).
- Study of materials compatibility for example PCM/container material.
- Material modeling skills is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph 3. Teaching and Research Statement