Arabic Copy Writer Specialist
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
The Arabic Copy Writer Specialist is responsible for translating, developing and editing Arabic content to be published on the University’s various online and offline platforms, in addition to media related content for the purpose of furthering the mission and vision of the University.
- Write and/or translate from English a variety of Arabic materials required for executing PR activities, including speeches, press releases, feature articles, website articles, blog posts, brochures & pamphlets, formal reports, memos, presentations and other documents.
- Proof read and edit Arabic material and content.
- Ensure the readability, proper grammar, and basic content of material for disseminating a quality product by the required deadline.
- Prepare written documents for the purpose of providing Arabic content intended for annual events, recruitment campaigns and marketing collaterals, ensuring correct and consistent use of terminology across all documentation produced.
- Incorporate Arabic content into brand and image promoting documents and materials for external distribution.
- Work on material of all levels of complexity, including legislation, business correspondences and corporate documents written in Arabic, as directed.
- Review the translation of outsourced projects, making revisions and refinements based on language and cultural subtle nuances, when needed.
- Liaise and communicate with content creators, faculty and researchers in specialist areas to maximize understanding of written texts and find out the objectives behind them
- Lead and facilitate language research activities to gain a better understanding of the nature of the text using specialized dictionaries and useful reference tools; prepare terminological databases, useful reference materials and resources.
- Provide translation to both internal and external documents, from either English to Arabic or Arabic to English.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of all information disseminated in Arabic.
- Update the website Arabic content.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
UAE Nationals: A minimum of 2‐3 years of relevant experience
Expats: A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Other Professional Services jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Communication & Media Studies Other Professional Services jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Social Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Other Professional Services jobs in United Arab Emirates