Research Associate in Chemistry
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Providing adequate research support geared toward on-time, quality deliverables.
- Carry out a comprehensive literature review on the use of photocatalysis in saline water treatment.
- Design a photocatalytic reactor for solar-driven applications
- Assist with procurement of equipment and supplies as required by the project.
M.Sc. in Applied Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
1-2 years related research experience
A research associate with the relevant academic and/or professional backgrounds, having demonstrated interdisciplinary research skills within the field of materials science, is required to work on the development of a photocatalytic reactor for an applied water treatment project. He/she is expected to carry out wet lab experiments, handle microscopy and spectroscopy characterization tools, document the progress, assist in writing of peer-reviewed journal papers (including preparation of figures), and report to the project leader. Experience in heterogeneous photo-catalysis is highly desired. The candidate is expected to have demonstrated excellent English writing and communication skills, and ability to work in a team.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement