Research Assistant/Associate in Biomedical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
The candidate is expected to carry out specifics research tasks to:
- Conduct microfluidic and cell culture research in the cell culture and tissue engineering lab at KU main campus;
- To participate in regular meetings with innovation office representatives from KU in order to further evaluate the translational potential of the technology developed in the project;
- To contribute to the drafting of high impact ISI journal manuscripts.
B.Sc. in biomedical engineering or a related field (i.e. Bachelor with Biochemistry and Biology contents)
Previous experience in RA duties in related fields is preferable.
Experience in microfluidics, cell culture and differentiation, microfabrication technologies, cellular imaging, experimental methods is required.
Fluency in English written and spoken is required.
Required computer skills: CAD, image processing software (e.g. ImageJ) and Microsoft Office applications
Consideration will be given to candidates with a strong grounding in areas such as:
- Good lab practices
- Cell culture and cell differentiation
- Mechanistic study of cellular behavior
- Microscopy (live imaging of cells)
- Lab on a chip technologies
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph 3. Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Life sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent General Engineering Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates