Chief Executive Officer
Khalifa Innovation Centre (KIC)
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To be responsible for developing the Khalifa Innovation Canter (KIC) into a successful hub for entrepreneurship and value added businesses.
- To be responsible for the strategic and operational management of all aspects of Khalifa Innovation Centre (KIC).
- To build world class human capital, physical resources, financial resources and partner interactions for both KIC and for clients of KIC.
- Develops and manages the initial set-up of KIC, including defining and implementing KIC legal structure, establishing location, and hiring professional and managerial staff.
- Develops centers of innovation excellence to support product development and business development in key strategic areas.
- Effectively operates, markets and grows KIC to potential clients, affiliates, investors and sponsors, including local professionals, industry specialists, corporate managers and both local and federal government.
- Works closely with the KIC Board, staff, partners and contractors to manage and coordinate KIC and its programs.
- Adopts best practices for KIC and its clients for the environment in the UAE.
- Actively recruits KIC clients and develops entry and exit criteria.
- Maintains and grows an on-going relationship with a strong group of business mentors.
- Nurtures an on-going commitment from Corporate and Strategic Partners.
- Develops and implements a communications strategy to position KIC as an attractive hub for emerging startups and ambitious entrepreneurs.
- Ensures that KIC is delivering the required level of mentoring, support service, and facilities to KIC’s clients.
- Enhances local and regional economic growth through successfully growing startup businesses to become high growth leaders.
- Develops close alignment between local businesses and their support infrastructures, including government, education and the wider Abu Dhabi industry sector
Incubator Structure, Systems and Processes
- Develops and implements protocols and processes for KIC
- Ensures selection criteria for KIC clients are developed and implemented
- Develops and finalizes KIC start-up contractual agreements
- Develops and implements professional mentoring services and shared services programs
- Establishes funding mechanisms for KIC clients
- Ensures overall performance of the organization.
- Coordinates and manages reporting to the KIC Board.
- Coordinates onsite business development, coaching, mentoring and problem-solving for KIC clients.
- Develops and deploys seminars, outreach and networking events.
- Takes financial responsibility for income and expenditure within delegated authority.
- Manages property and assets belonging to KIC.
- Establishes ongoing marketing activities to promote KIC.
- Manages ongoing relationships with key partners.
- Establishes and manage relationships with other accelerators and incubators within and outside of Abu Dhabi.
- Performs other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
- A Bachelor of science or engineering degree or related fields. MSc and/or MBA degrees preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with business startup and development in relevant technical fields.
- Experience as a successful entrepreneur is highly desired. Also the experience in interfacing with corporate clients.
- Knowledge and experience in the UAE or MENA is desirable
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with strong persuasive skills. Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph