Postdoctoral Fellow in Civil Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Specifically, work on satellite and hydrodynamic data analysis to improve their parametrization in arid regions with focus on the forecast of HABs formation
- Understand the current and desired conditions for HAB outbreak and formation
- Develop assessment measures and potential indicators.
- Assign responsibilities for conducting analysis and generating recommendations
- Identify feedback mechanisms
- Development of robust and reliable HAB forecast models for the UAE region.
This project uses the advanced satellites and ground-based data along with hydrodynamic modeling, specifically with ROMS model, for the detection and the forecasting of HABs. The current satellites, specifically the recent ESA sentinel constellation are providing the needed very high spatial and temporal information in different spectral channels.
Work with research engineers and assistants to post process satellite, hydrodynamics, and weather data and analyze them accordingly.
A PhD degree in atmospheric/environmental sciences or closely related disciplines, effective oral and written communication skills.
- The postdoctoral researcher is experienced with advanced satellite data analysis, weather and hydrodynamic modeling using ROMS and WRF models and satellite data assimilation. Strong programming skills are also essential. Experience in running in regional or global numerical models will be an advantage.
- Advanced skills in coding for machine learning and datamining techniques is required.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Civil Engineering Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates