Postdoctoral Fellow in Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
The hired postdoc is to provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. The hired postdoc will be working on development of novel experimental procedures and conducting complex computational modeling for characterizing the fracture properties and behavior of porous media and advanced heterogeneous materials.
- Help in establishing the SMART MASDAR GROUP (Sustainable Materials for Advanced and Revolutionary Technologies).
- Help in establishing a state-of-the-art high-performance computational fracking tool.
- Conducting advanced experimental and computational research.
- Chapters, and patents.
- Prepare research reports to be submitted to the sponsor.
- Co-advise some of the graduate students.
- Present the research results in meetings and conferences.
- Co-advise some of the graduate students
The idea candidate will have a PhD in a relevant discipline (Engineering), and an established track record evident by publication in quality journals
The applicant should have a strong background in theoretical/computational solid mechanics, continuum mechanics, fracture and damage mechanics, finite element method, constitutive modeling of porous media, 3D printing for creating architected porous media, microscopy characterization techniques, and experimental testing of mechanical properties under different loading conditions.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement