Research Associate in Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The individuals are expected to develop and maintain an active, externally-funded research program.
- Authorization to work in the United Arab Emirates.
- Authorization and Security Clearence to work in Oil & Gas facilities at United Arab Emirates.
- Conduct literature reviews, and assemble background information for research projects
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding scheduling, equipment use, and other aspects of research.
- Experienced in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) control and secondary development
- Ability to use computer vision techniques for UAV navigation
- Good knowledge of safety procedures
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Master Degree (M.Sc. or M-Tech.) in Mechanical Engineering/Instrumentation and Control System
- Strong background in Control theory or Computer vision
- Proficiency in C++, Linux or Robot Operating System (ROS),
- At least one year of experience in research related field
- Hands-on experience in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle or Unmanned Ground Vehicle
- Demonstrated research experience in the related field
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement