Postdoctoral Fellow in Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To develop stochastic fracture initiation and propagation model for hydraulic fracturing treatments. This involves both the development of mathematical algorithms of the model of and the interpretation of rock mechanics laboratory testing results.
- Develop the mathematical algorithms for the stochastic hydraulic fracturing model. Laboratory data analysis. Coordinate model development with the remaining team elements.
- Assist in the communication between the different elements of the team (other postdocs and students) to guarantee successful integration of the stochastic model.
- PhD in Engineering (preferable with a Mechanics background)
- Expertise in Stochastic subsurface characterization, machine learning techniques and multivariate statistical analysis.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement