National Manager, Strategic Communications
2 days left
- Full Time
- Key leadership position driving ACU’s Communications Strategy
- Work across the University collaborating with senior stakeholders
- Continuing, full-time position based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Marketing and External Relations (MER) directorate, under the leadership of the Director of MER, encompasses Communications and Creative Services, Future Students and Advancement, and Digital Experience. MER plays a key role in profiling and positioning ACU as a first choice among its diverse community and stakeholder groups, including potential students, Catholic and corporate partners, donors, alumni and staff.
As National Manager, Strategic Communications you will be responsible for ensuring ACU’s external and internal communications are underpinned by a communications strategy and supported by the best systems policies and processes. This will involve:
- driving communications initiatives to ensure ACU is projected to domestic and international audiences according to our reputational framework
- consulting with stakeholders across the University in the development, enhancement and rollout of ACU’s Communications Strategy
- leading a national team responsible for corporate communications, reputation and issues management, public relations and profile raising, and internal communications.
- advocating and securing senior stakeholder buy-in for key communications initiatives.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- postgraduate qualifications and extensive experience in a marketing, communications, media studies or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education/training
- experience in planning and implementing integrated communications strategies based on analysis of market research and digital insights
- proven ability to investigate and make recommendations on issues relating to reputation and crisis communications
- demonstrated experience leading a high-performing and service-oriented communications team.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $128,130 – 136,725 pa, including salary component $108,349 – $115,695 pa Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Alisse Grafitti, Associate Director, Communications and Creative Services on (02) 9465 9047.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 21 June 2018.