Research Associate in Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
This position is for a 2-year research project on “Application of model predictive control on compressors” funded by the Gas Research Center (GRC). The main objective of this research project is to increase the efficiency of centrifugal compressors used in Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) through model predictive control.
- The research associate will focus on dynamic process modeling and simulation of multiple compressor systems, develop control algorithms, and participate with ADNOC in the realization of these algorithms as functional codes loaded into the targeted compressor facilities.
- The candidate is expected to contribute to a high quality research aimed at producing internationally competitive results and high-profile publications - thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience with computational tools relevant for the process control.
- Experience with analysis of process dynamics and knowledge of relevant tools.
- Experience with generic computational tools, such as, MATLAB, EES or similar.
- Familiarity with experimental work related to compressor control.
- A fair understanding of turbomachinery in general and compressors in particular.
- The ability to work on research problems and write scientific papers.
- A high level of personal responsibility, initiative, and ability to work in a project team.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Excellent English skills, spoken and written, are required.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates