Lecturer in Information Systems
Information Technology and Systems
The Victorian Institute of Technology (established 1998) is a vocational and higher education provider with campuses in the Melbourne and Sydney city centres. We are an accredited higher education provider delivering a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and Systems, a Masters programs in Business Administration and a Masters in Information Technology and Systems.
Due to successful growth and ongoing expansion in Higher Education courses, VIT is recruiting Lecturers to teach into existing courses and to potentially support the development of further higher education programs.
Employment Type: Full Time / Part Time
Duration: 3 year Fixed Term, with scope for renewal and continuation
Number of Positions: 4 positions
Location: Melbourne or Sydney
- PhD in Information Technology & Systems or a closely related discipline; or Masters in IT/Computer Science or closely related discipline with significant teaching, research and IT Industry experience.
- Ability teach multiple units drawn from at least 2 areas mentioned in teaching topics section below.Applicants should identify a list of teaching units from our BITS/MITS courses in their application.
- Proven Lecturing experience (not part time tutoring) intohigher education programs.
- Strong courseware development skills.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills especially in student facing situations.
- Ideally, relevant work experience in IT industry or IT related certifications.
- Ideally, Course Administration experience.
- Ideally, knowledge of academic related administration in university environments.
- Teach Bachelor / Masters courseunits as assigned.
- Conduct tutorials and labs for units along with unit lecturers as timetabled.
- Carry out assessment marking and maintain academic records of these.
- Development of learning materials that can support multi-mode blended learning environment.
- Undertake Course Management, Coordination and Administration tasks in areas of student recruitment, student progress, examinations, QA records management etc.
- Undertake scholarship in line with personal objectives agreed with the Dean.
- Provide pastoral care and support to students.
Teaching Topics (Key Areas):
- Application Development
- Networking & Server Administration
- Advanced IT Topics including Enterprise Systems, Architecture, Enterprise Integration, Cloud Computing etc.
- Advanced IT Management topics including Knowledge Management, Business Process Modelling, Enterprise Resources Planning, Analytics etc.
Salary: A package between $67,000 and $ 90,000(Australian $, inclusive of super, allowances and incentives) depending on the role/position and experience level and pro-rata.
Career Advancement: Fast track& Performance Linked growth opportunities for those demonstrating high quality outputs over successive semesters.
How to apply:
Submit your application by email directly to VIT: VIT.firstname.lastname@example.org: Your email must include:
- Your full CV.
- A cover letter nominatingunits you would be able to teach (refer: https://www.vit.edu.au/bachelor-of-information-technology-systems/ and https://www.vit.edu.au/master-of-information-technology-systems-mits/ ).
Closing date: Rolling
Note: Shortlisting and interviews will commence from 12-June-2018 and applications would close once positions are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.