Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
This position is for a 2-year research project on “Application of model predictive control on compressors” funded by the Gas Research Center (GRC). The main objective of this research project is to increase the efficiency of centrifugal compressors used in Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) through model predictive control.
- The Postdoctoral fellow will focus on dynamic process modeling and simulation of multiple compressor systems, develop control algorithms, and participate with ADNOC in the realization of these algorithms as functional codes loaded into the targeted compressor facilities.
- The candidate is expected to contribute to a high quality research aimed at producing internationally competitive results and high-profile publications - thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written formats, the ability to supervise others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to teach a course.
PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience with computational tools relevant for the process control.
- Experience with analysis of process dynamics and knowledge of relevant tools.
- Experience with generic computational tools, such as, MATLAB, EES or similar.
- Experience with experimental work related to compressor control.
- A good understanding of turbomachinery in general and compressors in particular.
- The ability to formulate research problems and write scientific papers.
- A high level of personal responsibility, initiative, and ability to work in a project team.
- The ability to guide Master and PhD students in relevant topics.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Excellent English skills, spoken and written, are required.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates