Research Assistant in Petroleum Geoscience
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Develop the resistivity imaging software, conduct synthetic experiments, process and interpret resistivity field date.
- The RA will code the computer programs, test the programs, and modify the programs, use the computer programs to conduct synthetic experiments and process and interpret the field data collected from Ai Ain and Liwa.
- Supervise UG students who take part some parts of numerical simulations and data processing.
- A MS graduate in geology or geophysics, computer science and have experience in computer programming, basic skill using Unix and Window system.
- Numerical modelling and geophysical inversion algorithm
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement