Research Associate in Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Develop surrogate model of algae growth for CO2 capture and sequestration
- Collaborate research activities and joint papers with the Process Systems Engineering Laboratory group at MIT on integrating models of alternatives existing novel capture-sub-processes with overall processes/power plants and then with the holistic CO2 infrastructure
- Develop optimal process scheduling for biological systems
- Perform parametric study of algae cultivation via laboratory design of experiment.
- Candidate should have a Masters in Chemical Engineering
- Candidate should have experience in process systems modeling, simulation and optimization. Hands-on experience with algae cultivation in the lab is desired.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement