Research Scientist in Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- This is an advanced academic research role, building on the previous experience of the candidate as a post-doctoral fellow, to conduct a specified program of research under the supervision and direction of the Faculty supervisor.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop and apply advanced molecular modeling tools and process modelling for CO2 capture processes for specific sources and applications, including the techno-economic analysis.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries his/her best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance his/her career with guidance from the Faculty supervisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions
In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some graduate students (MSc and PhD) working in the research group and the project. He/she will also provide training to new comers in molecular modeling tools development and applications.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related areas
- Proven expertise in the area of Molecular Simulations of materials and chemicals
- Records of knowledge in the field of materials for CO2 capture
- At least 2 years postdoctoral research experience
- Wide expertise in the use of different molecular simulation software and platforms for large scale molecular simulations
- Working knowledge of process design and integration
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications
- Proven record of working with team members and students supervision
- Experience on applied research oriented projects
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement