Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
The Research Associate contributes to research by providing research initiatives. The incumbent has a direct role in supporting KU to emerge as a leading engineering and science research university. The incumbent contributes directly to the intellectual life of KU.
- Initiating and conducting innovative research work that develop academic recognition to make KU a leading research university
- Assist in developing research proposals; seek internal and external funding
- Conduct high-quality research with the objective of producing patents, conference papers and refereed publications that raise the profile of KU
- Coordinate day to day activities with the research team on collaborative research programs
- Represent KU regionally and internationaly at appropriate professional conferences as required
- Assist in the procurement process of supplies in the specific area including identifying requirements and equipment specifications
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be from time to time required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- Assist faculty in supervising the research work of postgraduate and undergraduate students
- Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university in a relevant discipline
- The successful candidate should have relevant experience in water and wastewater treatment.
- Ability to conduct high quality and original research, publish the results in scholarly journals, and present research findings at peer conferences.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to demonstrate knowledge in a logical manner, skilled at presenting thoughts, ideas, and specifications orally and in writing.
- Fluent in English.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement