Electrical Technician and Site Coordinator
Do you have several years of experience in work coordination? If you think that site coordination in a particle accelerator environment is a challenge and a real opportunity, you should definitely seize this opportunity! CERN, take part!
As part of the coordination team of the EN-Alignment Coordination and Engineering group (ACE), you will be in charge of coordinating worksite interventions in the accelerators with respect to safety aspects during programmed stops.
You will join
- The Engineering Department which provides CERN with the engineering competences, infrastructure systems and technical coordination required for the design, installation, operation, maintenance and dismantling phases of the CERN accelerator complex and its experimental facilities.
- The EN-ACE Group, responsible for: providing overarching project coordination, work and safety for the accelerator complex; providing support and expertise in matters relating to projects, risks and quality management as well as organizational processes; developing and supporting the Organization's engineering, equipment data, maintenance of management tools and mechanical CAD systems.
- The Coordination, Consignation and Safety section within the ACE group, which is responsible for operational safety, worksite coordination and organization of the electrical "lock-in/lock-out" for the LHC machine.
You will ensure follow-up of worksite interventions in the accelerator complex, encompassing the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and the Proton Synchrotron (PS).
This involves the following functions:
- Proactive preparation and anticipation of requirements for the heavy workload during the programmed stops (machine shut-downs).
- On site installation and maintenance activities for the different accelerators, ensuring all activities are carried out within agreed schedules.
- Managing complex worksites involving multiple stakeholders and co-activity.
- Execute the electrical " lock-in/lock-out " for the LHC machine during programmed stops in partnership with the different stakeholders and with the planning team in particular.
- In collaboration with the operational safety advisor and relevant project safety officers, verify that the relevant safety rules and procedures are applied. (serve as Territorial Safety Officer of the LHC).
- Ensure on-site logistics and space management.
- Submit reports as required to the Coordination Unit Team.