Manager of Quality Department
Post Title: Manager of Quality Department
Reporting to: Head of Quality, Deputy CEO and Principal of School
Based at: Memo House, Park Royal, W3 0XA
Job purpose: To maintain appropriate records for the efficient operation of the College’s Quality Unit, and to make a significant contribution to the development, enhancement, implementation of all quality assurance activities, processes, and policies.
Essential criteria: Proven record of writing Self-Evaluation Documents for QAA
Key responsibilities (not limited to)
• Management and collation of the quality documentation including the production of papers and all relevant annexes, reports, graphs, charts.
• Assist the Head of Quality with preparation of reports and presentations.
• To manage quality assurance systems, provision of data and data returns, reports, performance indicators, and the annual quality cycle.
• To manage databases for external verification, lesson observations, peer reviews and internal audit.
• To make arrangements for, and maintaining records of inspections.
• To support a wide range of meetings and events involving internal and external contacts.
• Managing of records relating to internal quality audits.
• To assist in the maintenance of an original set of College policies and procedures.
• To maintain the College Action Plan.
• To produce timely reports according to guidelines.
• To manage the diary and schedule meetings.
• To maintain record of staff training.
• To format, update and distribute Quality Unit documentation.
• To type agenda, minutes and materials for meetings.
• To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade, and/or hours of work, as may reasonably be required of you.
You are also expected to:
• Adhere to general standards of conduct embodied in College policies and procedures (e.g. health and safety, equality and diversity, etc.);
• Work flexibly and efficiently, maintain the highest professional standards and promote and implement the policies of the College;
• The College’s values have been developed by the staff in the College and are intended to shape, develop and embed the kind of culture we all want to work within. These values are supported by behavioural statements and you are expected to practice these behaviours at all times and to contribute to their development throughout all parts of the College’s operations, services and sites.
• All staff is expected to maintain a high level of security and confidentiality of information in their work at all times.
• Travel to other sites of the College
Degree or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in an administrative role in higher education in the UK
• Experience of document management and version control
• Previous experience of Quality Assurance
• Interpersonal skills, social and communication
• Ability and willingness to work promptly and accurately
• Understanding of quality and adherence to standards; compliant, systematic and logical
• IT (Microsoft Office and Databases)
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Self- motivated
• Objectives / Outcome oriented
• Ability to work as a member of a team with shared objectives
Please email your CV with a cover letter attached to firstname.lastname@example.org