Professor in Psychology with a focus on ageing
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education (FLSHASE) a
Professor in Psychology with a focus on ageing (M/F)
• Ref. F3-030021
• Open-ended contract
• Employee status
The professorship is affiliated to the Integrative Research Unit on Social and Individual Development (INSIDE). The Professor will make a significant contribution to research in ageing, which is one of the most important areas in Psychology feeding into the research priority “Health”. Research in this area will bridge several interrelated fields such as Psychology, Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences and Education.
A research focus on ageing, development across the life span and health will be an asset. The professorship will offer a significant and complementary perspective to on-going research in the research unit and across the Faculty.
The Professor will support existing teaching programmes at Bachelor and Master level that address relevant areas in Psychology and the Social Sciences (i.e., “Bachelor in Psychology”, “Master in Psychology”, “Master in Gerontology”, “Master in Psychotherapy”, "Bachelor en Sciences Sociales et Educatives"). The Professor will contribute to the Doctoral School of the Faculty.
• An international research profile in Psychology, Developmental Psychology and Psychology of Ageing. Expertise in Cultural Psychology will be considered an asset;
• A strong interest in bridging theory and practice, bringing academic excellence to addressing local issues with practitioners, and fostering social development;
• Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methods.
Qualifications, experience, aptitude
• Ph.D. in Psychology
• A minimum of five years post-doctoral experience in a university or comparable research centre;
• An appropriate international research profile as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations and the collaboration in international research initiatives;
• University-level teaching experience; postgraduate level teaching experience;
• Experience in acquiring and managing externally funded research projects;
• Experience with interdisciplinary research.
The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual and multicultural context. For this position, an excellent command of at least two of the working languages of the University is required (English, French, German, Luxemburgish).
Prof. Dr. Claus Vögele
Research Unit INSIDE
Telephone : (+352) 46 66 44 9740
As part of the application process specifically for academic positions, please follow the instructions below.
Candidates are asked to send their full application (in French, German or English) ONLY via the following link: https://ulsurvey.uni.lu/index.php/715819?lang=en
until 30 June 2018 including the following documents:
• cover letter ;
• curriculum vitae including information on external research funding acquired ;
• copies of diplomas ;
• list of publications ;
• copies of recent publications (max. 5) relevant for the field in question;
• list of courses taught
• a list of three referees with their name, address and present position. Please indicate their relationship to you.
To Prof. Dr. Georg Mein
Dean of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunities employer.