Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Work type: Fixed-term for 3 years
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: Level A $69,148 - $93,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation, Level B $98,775 - $117,290 p.a. plus 17% superannuation, (The level of appointment will be based on qualifications and level of experience)
- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow who will have primary responsibility for undertaking research in a research program of the Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education (Melbourne CSHE) (Learning Analytics for Personalised Feedback and Improved Task Design to Support Student Learning in STEM). This is a three-year Fellowship, provided by the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE), aimed at attracting excellent early career researchers who are able to show evidence of outstanding potential as an academic researcher and leader.
The Fellowship requires the candidate to undertake a substantial new research project that investigates how learning analytics can be used to optimise the learning design of digital environments for enhanced learning in STEM education. Sophisticated analyses of student interactions in digital environments can provide educators with a better understanding of students’ learning behaviour, particularly of problem-solving and scientific inquiry processes in STEM education.
This knowledge can potentially be used to develop new forms of student feedback, and provide staff with feedback on the effective design of learning tasks. The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will determine the most appropriate methods, techniques, and algorithms for providing feedback in digital learning environments in higher education.
As the successful candidate you will be expected to:
- Build an academic profile and expertise through publications and collaborations and submit further grant applications by the end of the Fellowship;
- Contribute to the research and academic culture of both the Melbourne CHSE and the MGSE;
- Contribute to graduate research student supervision and to take a role in research committees and associated activities.
- Undertake foundational research in the use of educational technologies for learning, teaching and assessment in higher education, and would be mentored by senior members of this research team.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 5 Jul 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria