Copywriter, Brand Content Developer
- Focused on high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community
- HEW 6, $77,616 - $83,686 plus 17% super
- Full-time, 24 month fixed-term contract, Hawthorn location
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
About the job
Do you want to keep making ads for (insert name of client brand you don’t believe in)? Then stop. At Swinburne, your work will help connect people to the uni course that could help them start great careers or turn around existing ones. As a Brand Content Developer, you’ll put yourself in the shoes of potential students, then create ads and other pieces of communication that intrigue, resonate and persuade. Already nodding? Read on.
It goes without saying that you
- Have completed a degree in marketing, advertising, writing or similar.
- Have several years’ experience as a copywriter or content writer in a medium to large ad agency, digital agency or similar.
- Are adept across all media. In your portfolio, you have stellar examples of writing for the web, mobile, social, SEM, print, collaterals (long and short form), outdoor, radio and TV.
- Are all about testing-and-learning, and are ready to dig deep to learn about your audience.
- Don’t just ‘write’. You proactively seek answers before starting a project and once it’s complete, present your work engagingly. You see feedback as a challenge to produce an even better solution.
- Can use Microsoft Office in your sleep. It’s a plus if you also know your way around Facebook Ads Manager or the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Manage multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders without breaking (too much of) a sweat.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2016 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a cover letter, resume and response to selection criteria.
Swinburne University of Technology is a Child Safe Organisation and as part of this commitment, we require all employees to have a current Working with Children’s Check.
All appointments are subject to a valid Working with Children’s Check, therefore it will be a mandatory requirement to have and maintain a current Working with Children Check.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Lisa Bugg on +61 3 9214 4821.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position number: 32646
Applications close at 5 pm, Tuesday 19 June 2018
*Previous applicants need not re-apply