Lecturer in Creative Digital Skills
- Full Time
FACULTY OF ARTS & HUMANITIES
School of Art and Design
1. JOB INFORMATION
Post Title: Lecturer in Creative Digital Skills
Salary Range: GBP 32,557 - GBP 40,002 per annum
Mode: Full Time, Permanent; Job Share Option
Ref No: REQ006080
1. To contribute to teaching and learning in the field of Creative Digital Skills.
2. To engage actively in income generation and applied research focusing on one or more of the following areas: Adobe Online short courses; development of further short courses in Creative Digital Skills based on strong industry insights; innovation in the transfer of skills provision currently delivered f2f to online delivery; liaison within the university and with industry in the development of innovative new courses,particularly of interdisciplinary provision in games development.
2. Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To take responsibility for development, preparation and delivery of teaching, learning and assessment both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels including module leadership where appropriate. To contribute to the development, organisation and management of the curriculum.
2. To demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
3. To ensure that your teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
4. To contribute to the wider student experience e.g. through personal tutoring,participation in recruitment, involvement in employability initiatives
5. To reflect critically on your own teaching practice, implement improvements, and engage actively with the quality monitoring and enhancement processes.
6. To undertake applied research through, as appropriate:
- contributing actively to applied research groups or communities of practice internally and/or externally
- working on externally-funded projects or contracts
- assisting with bid-writing or tendering for external funding
- disseminating research outputs using a range of media. For example: academic publications,external reports, conference presentations, short courses for knowledge transfer, exhibitions, performances
- developing external networks nationally and/or internationally
- supervising research students
7. To assist with development of external partnerships in the UK and/or overseas and development of relationships with professional organisations and agencies where appropriate.
8. To work effectively as a team member, contributing to committees and working groups and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
9.To undertake professional development in support of both teaching and applied research.
AND such other duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
3. Supervision Received
School Management Team
Course Directors / Directors of Applied Research Centres and Institutes as appropriate
Deans and Associate Deans of Faculty
4. Supervision Given
Graduate Teaching Assistants, Instructors, Research Associates as appropriate.
Closing Date: 18/06/2018