Accounts Payable Accountant
Do you have several years of experience in accounts payable? Join CERN and put your skills to use in an exceptional environment! We are looking for a positive, motivated and dynamic person who is able to handle large volumes of work and maintain flexibility, while remaining attentive to detail and being well organised. CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The Finance and Administrative Processes Department (FAP), which is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the financial resources and commitments of the Organization, and ensuring compliance with CERN’s financial rules and procedures.
- The Accounting Services Group (ACC), which is responsible for all accounting transactions of the Organization and includes the General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Personnel Accounting Sections.
- The Accounts Payable Section (AP), which receives all invoices and credit notes from suppliers. These are recorded, checked and authorised for payment. The Section processes between 45 000 and 50 000 invoices per year.
Within the Accounts Payable Section, you will gradually take on the following functions within the team:
- Recording, checking and authorising for payment invoices received by the Organization (more than 45 000 per year).
- Following up service provider and supply contracts in close collaboration with the technical managers, procurement officers and suppliers.
- Analysing data and contributing to projects.
- Coding and entering financial accounting entries related to payables, and monitoring supplier accounts.
- Maintaining regular contact with various internal services and external parties.
- Responding to a significant volume of ad hoc requests from both internal and external contacts using a ticket system.