Senior Lecturer, CloudFirst Redesign
SALARY RANGE: $116,428 to $133,881 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term for 3 years
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide academic and scholarly leadership in the CloudFirst Redesign project that seeks to future-proof Deakin courses through reimagining the student experience from the point of view of online students.
This will include:
- Developing and leading learning design within Deakin University to improve cloud based teaching practice, digital learning capability amongst staff, and the student experience of cloud learning.
- Supporting and delivering evidence-based evaluation of digital innovations, and transition to ongoing practice.
- Providing academic leadership and expertise in Cloud based teaching and learning in higher education to Deakin Learning Futures, the DVCE Portfolio, Faculties and other innovation project partners.
- Providing operational and practical advice on areas associated with cloud based educational technologies, curriculum development and teaching support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning).
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field of instructional design or online pedagogy, other relevant postgraduate qualifications or their equivalent.
- Highly developed knowledge and skills to provide expert advice and assistance on digital literacies and educational technologies.
- Evidence of excellence in contribution to innovative teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, in online and campus-based environments.
- Evidence of publication in appropriate journals in areas associated with assessment and learning design, or other forms of peer-recognized dissemination.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equal Opportunity principles and practices and Occupational Health and Safety.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Marcus O'Donnell, Tel: +61 3 9246 8532
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 1 July 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.