Senior Research Officer, School of Psychology
2 days left
- Full Time
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the Healthy Brain Initiative studies
- Utilise your experience with human studies, in particular longitudinal epidemiological studies
- Full time fixed term role based in Melbourne with an anticipated end date of 2021
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The School of Psychology has a strong emphasis on quality research and research training outcomes. The research activities of staff relate to three overlapping areas of strength: (i) cognition and applied cognitive neuroscience; (ii) developmental and educational psychology, and (iii) clinical and health psychology and the School has a number of leading researchers of international profile in these areas.
As Senior Research Officer you will:
- be responsible for ethical compliance, data and budget management, participant communications and engagement
- provide reports and high level research support to the leader of the Healthy Brain Initiative
- create and maintain databases with data analysis outcomes
- contribute to the drafting and submission of high quality research publications.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- tertiary qualification in a related field with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training
- experience in study coordination; including participant and LMO communications
- capabilities using bibliographical databases (including Endnote), reference systems and software
- high level planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing demand.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Information Package Senior Research Officer SoPsych HEW 7 PD.pdf Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $99,129- $107,286 pa, including salary component $83,765- $90,658 pa, (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
To discuss this role further contact please contact Professor Cassandra Szoeke, Faculty of Health Sciences on (03) 9953 3704
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 26 June, 2018