Lecturer, ERP and SAP
As a campus of Victoria University, VU Sydney provides higher education courses to international onshore undergraduate and postgraduate students in disciplines including coursework Business and Information Systems degrees.
Due to continued strong growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, inspiring and experienced academics to join our teaching team at Victoria University Sydney for units in the Master of Business (Information Systems and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems) and the Master of Business Analytics (Professional).
In this key role, you will prepare resources and teach international postgraduate coursework students. In addition, your role will involve supporting the Manager, Teaching and Learning with the development of key learning and teaching strategies. Using your industry knowledge you will provide constructive feedback to students, inspiring them in their graduate endeavours.
You will be responsible for:
- Teaching key units face-to-face and using the online resources of our Learning Management System.
- Providing innovative learning environments for students to meet learning outcomes and satisfactorily complete assessment tasks
- Supervising students' research activities, marking student assessments and providing constructive feedback
- Participating in course review initiatives, moderation and course development as necessary
- Providing on-going student support
To be successful you will have:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related discipline, or an equivalent combination of a postgraduate degree and relevant industry experience.
- Certification in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems (SAP) with 2+ years relevant work experience.
- A deep understanding of Business Intelligence, ERP Exchange Infrastructure, CRM, SCM and ERP implementation strategy
- Familiarity with one or more SAP modules e.g. Financials (FICO), Management (Project System, HR).
- Teaching experience and a demonstrated ability to work within a professional, motivated academic team.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for educating international students with the ability to guide and inspire them to achieve positive academic goals.
- This is a great time to join the team of VU Sydney as the campus continues to enjoy strong growth and excellent academic outcomes.
This is a sessional position under the employment conditions of Education Centre of Australia (eca.edu.au).
To ensure your application is considered, please follow these instructions:
- Prepare a cover letter that addresses each of the 6 selection criteria provided above.
- Provide a copy of your most recent curriculum vitae, including the contact details of at least two professional referees.
- Send the cover letter and your curriculum vitae via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22nd June 2018