Teacher in Fitness
- Fixed Term (until 15.10.18), Full Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Townsville
- Total Salary $67,096 to $86,204 pa
Are you in search of a rewarding experience where you can further your teaching career and at the same time enrich the lives of others? CQUniversity has partnered with Queensland Correctional Services to deliver the Certificate II in Sport and Recreation qualification at the Townsville Women’s Correctional Centre. We are seeking a qualified fitness instructor who has a passion for learning and teaching to drive the project to success.
Your New School:
The School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences proudly delivers a versatile range of science and health related courses. All courses are taught by enthusiastic staff with extensive industry experience, expertise in research, teaching, and consulting in their areas of interest. We aim to provide an educational experience to our students that is second-to-none.
Your New Role:
- Delivering teaching and learning programs specific to the Certificate II in Sport and Recreation to a small group of students from the Townsville Women’s Correctional Centre.
- Tailoring and using flexible, blended and distributed learning techniques for innovative delivery and assessment solutions to meet the diverse needs of students and to ensure they achieve course learning outcomes within a 10-week period.
You Will Be:
- A passionate, people-focused professional who enjoys collaborating and cooperating with others to achieve positive business outcomes.
- A resilient and self-driven individual who responds well to change and who seeks out opportunities for personal and professional development.
You Will Have:
- Essential – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or a Graduate Certificate in Adult Education (or equivalent) or higher level qualification in adult education.
- Essential – Possession of Certificate II in Sport and Recreation (or equivalent vocational qualification) or a relevant higher level qualification.
- Industry experience in sport and recreation practice.
- Demonstrated capacity for best practice in the management of teaching and learning activities including delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to deliver flexible, responsive and quality client service.
- Security clearance for working inside Queensland Prisons
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32561
Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 17 June 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.