Cranfield is a specialist postgraduate university that is a global leader for education and research in technology and management.
Joining the Communications and External Affairs (CEA) team, you will contribute to building and protecting Cranfield’s reputation, engaging with a range of stakeholders and raising awareness of Cranfield’s brand and its distinctiveness.
CEA takes the lead on brand marketing, content and publications; media relations; social media; internal communications; public and Government affairs; events and digital (including web), working closely with the international partnerships and student recruitment team.
This is a key role to support and develop content creation for the University. You will be ensuring that you get the right content to the right user at the right time. You will be required to create highly engaging content and show a strong awareness of the specific requirements of audiences across different channels. You love words, but you understand that content is much more than just copy.
This role is key to ensuring that all marketing collateral, whether online or in print, adheres to the University’s visual identity and guidelines, that the content is well-written, accurate and compelling and helps to market the University to our external stakeholders and potential students.
Educated to degree level in English, journalism or a relevant subject, or with equivalent experience you will have:
- A pro-active, can-do approach with a willingness to identify and pursue a story
- An understanding of the importance of branding in communications, and the ability to work within brand values and rigorously apply style guidelines
- Knowledge of and passion for marketing, print publishing and online communication principles
- Understanding of higher education in the UK and emerging trends
- Experience of content creation and marketing
- Experience of acting as brand guardian
- Experience of film and photoshoot production, working with in-house teams or external studios and photographers
- Experience of project management and evaluation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Keightley, Head of Brand Marketing, on (T); +44 (0)1234 758141 or (E); firstname.lastname@example.org
At Cranfield we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential.