Post-Doctoral in the Field of Advanced Methods of Oilseeds Processing
CALL FOR POST-DOCTORAL POSITIONS IN THE FIELD OF ADVANCED METHODS OF OILSEEDS PROCESSING
Faculty of Engineering offers two post-doctoral positions for 6 months’ period for applicants from Indonesia in the field of advanced methods of oilseeds processing at the Oilseeds Processing Laboratory. These positions are focused on applied research and experimental development in the processing of special oil seeds with emphasis on optimization of energy inputs and oil quality. In the framework of these positions, the know-how in the field of innovative pressing processes (CO2 application, freezing, temperature stabilization of the work unit) should be increased. The post-doctoral researcher will be involved in a research team of the Oilseeds Processing Laboratory under the supervision of prof. David Herak. During the post-doctoral stay, the researcher will have to publish two scientific articles in journals indexed in WoS (one of these publication must be published in an open access journal) and will have to attend at least one international conference.
These positions are offered within the project “Supporting the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008366 and are funded by EU, managing authority the Czech Operational Programme Research, Development and Education.
Duration: 6 months stay in Czech Republic, one position beginning during September 2018 and the second during March 2019 in Prague at Faculty of Engineering, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
Salary: monthly 75 000 CZK (3000 EUR nett), the salary can be increased based on the individual work and publication activity
Faculty of Engineering, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is the public university in the Czech Republic according to Act No. 111/1998 Coll. on Higher Educational Institutions. Oilseeds Processing Laboratory is a high-level scientific workplace focused on the research related to the mechanical behaviour of bulk oilseeds, mathematical modelling, image analysis, design and optimization of oilseed processing technology. In the field of the pressing technologies; the research team is experienced and equipped with laboratory that give a high degree of probability of achieving excellent parameters. The previous scientific results of the research team have been and are fully comparable with the results of similar institutions abroad. This is evidenced by publications in renowned scientific journals, participation in prestigious international scientific conferences, publication of patents and utility models. The research team publications in the prestigious scientific journal Biosystems Engineering have long been the most downloaded and most cited articles in the journal. EurAgEng (the European Society for Agricultural Engineers) evaluated the scientific work of authors focusing on mathematical models of oilseed processing being among the top 10 world publications in 2014.
• Candidate must hold PhD degree (but not longer than seven years) in the field of agricultural engineering, mechanical engineering, food engineering or related topics.
• Candidate must be active in publication of articles in international peer reviewed journals, in proceedings in international conferences and must have experience in the field of oilseeds processing.
• Minimal four records in databases Scopus or WoS during the last two years
• Fluency in English
• Indonesian citizen
Candidates should fill out the application form and send it with all attachments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 4th, 2018
• A cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• A research project (no more than 2 pages)
• A complete list of publications
• Soft copy of university degrees
• Two reference letters
The selection procedure:
• July 4th, 2018: Deadline for submission of the requested documents
• July 2018: Interviews of candidates in Jakarta
• July 2018: Final results of selection announcement
• July-August 2018: Visa procedure and logistic preparation of the stay in the Czech Republic
• September 2018: start of postdoc position for 6 months