Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Design
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
UNSW has a bold, ambitious and altruistic 2025 Strategy. At UNSW, we take pride in the broad range and high quality of our teaching programs. Our teaching gains strength and currency from our research activities, strong industry links and our international nature; UNSW has a strong regional and global engagement. At UNSW Art & Design our teaching utilises the latest methods, underpinned by leading-edge technology and an innovative learning environment to inspire a new generation of creative thinkers.
About the roles
- Seeking Academic staff to make innovative contributions to teaching and research in Design
- Available from July 2018 under a 3-year fixed term / convertible tenure track at the following levels:
- Lecturer (B) level offer an annual salary between $103K - $121K, plus (17% super and leave loading)
- Senior Lecturer (C) level offer an annual salary between $125K - $143K, plus (17% super and leave loading)
- Associate Professor (D) level offer an annual salary between $149K - $1164K, plus (17% super and leave loading)
- Full-time and Part-time arrangements will be considered
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
About the successful applicants
We are especially interested in candidates with qualifications, experience and passion in the areas of
- Design History and Theory;
- Design Innovation;
- Digital and Interaction Design;
Those with experience in design-led practice, research and teaching in undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and/or postgraduate design research domains, including those with experience in Higher Degree Research Supervision, are encouraged to apply.
If teaching and researching in this stimulating environment appeals to you, apply online with your CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria (see below PD). Applications should not exceed 20 pages in total.
Contact: Professor Marie Sierra, Deputy Dean, UNSW Art and Design
T: (61 2) 8936 0627
Applications close: 23:55 11th July 2018