Associate Professor - Chemical Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Position Summary: Open Until Filled
The Department of Chemical Engineering at Qatar University has an opening for a regular faculty position and invites suitably qualified candidates to apply. The successful candidate should have a solid background in Energy, thermodynamics and process design. Proven track record of research in hydrocarbon processing, engineering education and relations with industry is highly desired. He/she would also have a track record of excellence in teaching chemical engineering courses at undergraduate and graduate levels.
1. Solid background in energy related processes
2. Ability to deliver undergraduate/graduate courses.
3. Supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
4. Program assessment skills (ABET or similar).
5. Research strengths in gas and hydrocarbon processing and engineering education are highly desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Developing research in the area of energy related processes.
2. Teaching undergraduate and graduate chemical engineering, general engineering and environmental engineering courses.
3. Supervising undergraduate and graduate student projects/theses.
4. Community service and industrial relations.
5. Developing his/her own areas of research specialization to complement the existing undergraduate and graduate programs, engage in collaborative research and obtain competitive research funding. Engage in outstanding scholarly activities leading to national, regional and international recognition.
1. B.S. and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering.
2. Research and teaching interests that show experience in relevant areas.
3. Track record of research funding and the capacity to establish ties to industry or government agencies.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.