Business Resident, Entrepreneurship Programs
Description of Work Unit
The mission of the College of Business is to gather, develop and disseminate educational and research programs of excellence demanded by our rapidly changing, information-drive, global community. The College of Business at Colorado State University is an AACSB accredited business school which enrolls more than 2,400 undergraduate students in the Business Administration major (and its six concentrations) and the Business Administration and Real Estate Minors. This is the largest undergraduate major on campus. In addition, the College enrolls approximately 1,000 students in five different MBA programs, the Master of Accountancy, the Master of Computer Information Systems, and the MSBA in Financial Risk Management programs.
The College of Business seeks applications from individuals who have obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree from Colorado State University within the past 24 months in Business Administration and are interested in the Business Residency Program. Applications will be accepted from students who provide proof of graduation on or after May 2018.
The overall goal of the Business Residents program is to produce certified graduates who are highly competitive in the job market while benefiting the College of Business by playing a critical role in implementing its business strategy.
The Business Resident provides professional level duties in support of the operations of the College of Business. This Administrative Professional special appointment position reports to a director level position. Business Residents are appointed for a one-year appointment term and may be renewed for a period not to exceed three years.
Business Residents serve in a professional capacity to support key constituents such as the Dean, Associate Deans, Department Heads, departmental/area personnel representatives, and students in the College of Business. This position possesses wide-ranging professional knowledge of business, computer science, or communications. The Business Resident must demonstrate the ability to work collegially and in cooperation with the departments and units across the College and the campus community. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
College of Business Residency classifications:
- Business Management Resident
- Budgeting and Financial Reporting and Analysis Resident
- Marketing and Communications Resident
- Career Management Employer Services Resident
- Information Technology Services Resident
- Web Developer Resident
- Human Resources Management Resident
Required Job Qualifications
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree from Colorado State University within the past 24 months.
- Degree must have been earned in Business Administration
- Experience with event planning
- Experience with customer discovery, lean launch, and the entrepreneurial mindset
- Willingness and availability to work weekend and evening hours
- Motivated self-starter
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, follow-through, and attention to detail required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with running student and community facing entrepreneurial programming (e.g. Startup Weekend)
- Experience with launching your own venture
- Dedication to helping advance entrepreneurship across Northern Colorado and the Front Range.
- Working knowledge of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Fort Collins and Colorado
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Professional Support of Student Entrepreneurial Programming Duty/Responsibility
- Plan, host, and coordinate student focused entrepreneurial programming including (e.g. Startup Weekend & Invent Events) including managing all operational logistics for the actual event.
- Assist in the recruitment of students and ventures into the Institute Venture Development Platform programming.
- Support the Director of the institute with programming related to the full Venture Development Platform, including the Venture Validator and Venture Accelerator Program.
- Assist in mentor and advisor recruitment and then coordinate, manage, and communicate regularly with all mentors
- Engage in outward facing community initiatives that promote entrepreneurship and innovation across Northern Colorado and the Front Range.
- Support the Global Business Academy programming as needed.
- Manage social media and CRM for the Institute.
- Proactively identify strategic opportunities to increase interdisciplinary entrepreneurial student engagement across the campus. Other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 80
Job Duty Category Event management Duty/Responsibility
- Work in conjunction with marketing and communications to ensure delivery of all event related marketing needs in a timely & budget friendly fashion.
- Support college wide faculty led entrepreneurial programming including the “Meet the Founder” event.
- Support the Global Business Academy implementation and activity management.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility, comfort with fast-paced environment
- Other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 20
Please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.